Sunday, December 26, 2010

Can I Plug A Fax Machine Into A Normal Phone Line

A opens the door to the world of leavened

I've never had a great passion for baking. Each time I intended to try to overcome the embarrassment due to the many failures and poor results even after several hours of work. But .. I have understood for some time that there is no sudden and miracles do not come out of putting together the flour, water, yeast, sugar .... just as it happens.

It took a beautiful course made me open my eyes completely.
It took a deep knowledge of Adriano Continisio and the amazing hands and heart of Paoletta for me to open the magic book of the meal. And try to read, learn, understand. Oh, of course ... I do not think I will ever have the same enthusiasm that kidnaps me when I make a tray of macarons ... but I'm pretty sure I can, with time, maybe learn to dialogue with the yeast and convince him that the kitchen of my house can be a nice nest to grow and multiply.

And while the yeast, a precious gift of Adrian, comes to life and fire, I take a vague but precise desire to try to experience something.
And do not even know why I remember the Challah. Perhaps because of the braids that Adriano has tried to teach me. Just got home I did nothing but rummage through diagrams and videos, in a lot of plots, of leaders who come together and exchange, each different and always beautiful and attractive.

Cosi was born my Challah. And forgive me my teachers for errors that certainly will ... but I'm sure they will understand that I am doing the rods and sticks, like when I sat for the first time on the wooden bench at my school in first grade.


Challah my way
(from a recipe Amarillina-Coquinaria)


600 g of Manitoba supermarket
400 grams of flour 00
60 g sugar
25 g of yeast

4 whole eggs 140 g soft butter 285 g
water
4 teaspoon salt


For polishing:
1 whole egg and some milk

procedure

I made a lievitino with:

285 g flour 285 g of water warmed slightly
25 g fresh yeast 1 teaspoon
acacia honey

I kneaded obtaining a very soft and I did rise in the oven off at about 28 ° C for about 45 minutes.
So I put it in the bowl of Ken. I added a few tablespoons of flour and started working with the leaf at low speed, about 1. I continued working on adding tablespoons flour, the eggs one at a time. When adding the third egg, I put the sugar dissolve. The salt I put the last egg I added, then the dough. As the work progresses, add the flour making sure to fold the dough occasionally to make it smooth and uniform.
When the dough has begun to incordarsi, I added the butter in three times trying to spread it well sull'impasto. I did absorb then I removed the leaf and set the hook. I kept increasing the processing speed to about 2 every now and then removing the dough from the mass gancio.Quando occurred silky, shiny and very low-strung, I removed the dough. I did the test and the veil as soon as I realized that I was well placed under the dough. So, I did rise, always at about 28 ° C in the oven turned off for an hour or until doubled.
I deflated the dough and I divided to make the braids.

to braid two heads low, I took the system from this site.





For the circular braided 4 ends, I was a big help this wonderful blog.





To make the braid to 6 heads, there will be spoiled for choice. I opted for this scheme, very easy to be realized.




Once done the braids, I brushed with a thin layer of egg diluted with milk and I spent in the oven at 175 ° C for about 30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment