Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How Many Watt Do I Need For Cb Radio

Google

Sono giorni che Google propone loghi sempre più assurdi, e contrariamente al solito, senza fornire spiegazioni. My curiosity grows in proportion to my boredom. In fact, in this moment I am outside the office of a professor who should receive, but, inexplicably, is not there.
So I take this opportunity to pay homage to the famous search engine providing the etymology of its name, which belongs to that class of words so well known that rarely comes to mind to wonder what they mean.
The explanation has given me the Wikipedia, because I, although I challenged for slightly to interpret its own, there would never come.
Google comes from the word googol , invented by an American mathematician (But it seems to have coined the nephew of 9 years) to define il numero composto da un 1 seguito da 100 zeri. Insomma un'esagerazione, un'enormità, una cifra che non servirà mai a misurare qualcosa nella realtà, ma che ci serve a immaginare, per quanto possibile, la differenza tra un numero enorme e l'infinito.
Infinito come la rete, e più o meno quanto le mie probabilità infinitamente piccole, sempre più esigue, di riuscire a parlare con un professore il cui ricevimento scadeva mezz'ora fa, e a cui non si è neppure presentato.
Ma io, tenacemente, aspetto.

0 comments:

Post a Comment